Thursday 10 April 2014

The Irony of Love

My son
My own

Love is my emotion
Guiding my motion
Across the Ocean

I have to go
You don't want to let me go

I note the look in the eyes you bear
My heartaches to see you tear

I have to be daddy in the plain
But my eyes well with tears in the plane

No, don't think daddy don't love you son
Daddy knows the game will be won

Mama tells me you don't want to eat
You put me under heat

Nor watch television
Regretting  my decision

I asked, what's up?
Mommy hangs up

Mommy tells me you're distressed.
For a while I am suppressed.

But we got to be strong, Son.
Believe me Son
It will be won


Dedicated to my sons who miss me so much and have grown up with their mum. I know I have to make sacrifices for them and many times having to stay away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment